cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 9.2 Automation Capability and Office 365 Endpoints

shockocisco
Level 1
Level 1

We are running a cluster of Cisco ASA 5545-X 9.9(2) at our edge for web traffic. We have a requirement to run Exchange Online classic hybrid through it. That architecture requires ingress TCP ports 443/25 from a dynamic list of Office 365 endpoints. Other proxy/firewall kit we have has capability to subscribe to the Office 365 managed endpoints feed and auto-updated rules.  ASA does not appear to have this capability. 

Is there any other automation capability in ASA we could leverage for this? I see mention of a REST API based on a JAVA app running on the ASA itself but I have no experience of it in relation to stability, security etc. If it is was stable and had a reasonably granular security model around it potentially I could look to use it to upload the updated rules et each month as needed. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that is the example, you can do based on your ACL modification, look at the REST API and Limitation if any.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I seen that working with FMC and API, ASA not tied, since we moved to FTD.

You can use REST API based  here some reference :

https://halis.eu/2018/07/22/script-to-import-office-365-ip-list-to-cisco-asa-improved-via-rest-api/

BB

So basically this script is creating an entire ACL set and uploading via the ASA REST API i.e. replacing the existing rule set in its entirety?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that is the example, you can do based on your ACL modification, look at the REST API and Limitation if any.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: