Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM acting weird

KasperJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.

As this is my first post, I do hope that i'm in the right place :)

I have a problem with my ASDM installation, that I've never seen before.

When I first startup the ASDM everything looks fine, but as soon as I move my cursor around, the problems start.

It's almost impossible to do any kind of work on my ASA, as you can see in the attached picture.

It's a freshly installed ASDM, and fully updated JAVA version.

ASDM Version: 7.12(2)

I hope that you guys/gals might have some suggestions :)

Kind Regards

Kasper J.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref :  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_12/release/notes/rn712.html#id_25472

I would commit to the ASDM Java Requirements as mentioned in that paragraph and commit to that version 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I apologize for the late reply, but there has been some sickness in the family.

I've tried downgrading to Java version 8.0 (As per the article you linked too), but now ASDM won't even start.

Nothing weird happens, no errors, it just doesn't start.

**EDIT**

I've tried both the 32bit and the 64bit versions.

- Reboot your  system, if the problem is persistent then afterwards, check the Windows Eventlog (application and system). Check if anything is  being reported  which can clarify this issue.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Already tried that, same result.
I have an old laptop running the same ASDM version, and Java Version 8 Update 161 which works without any problems. I've tried to install the exact same version of Java on my Desktop, but I still have the same problem.

I'll try and check the Windows logs, and report back :)

Nothing usefull in the logs, unfortunately.

A few others have had the same issue, which was solved in another thread, by overriding the DPI settings.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/asdm-screen-issues/m-p/3192060

I've tried the same solution, but I still have the problem.

I'm using a 27" monitor at 2560*1440.