cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASK THE EXPERTS - LMS with Cisco experts Svetlana Radzevich and Geert Cober

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn how to install, maintain, operate and troubleshoot CiscoWorks LAN Management solution with Cisco experts Svetlana Radzevich and Geert Cober. Svetlana has been a customer support engineer at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center in the Network Management team for five years. She holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from Tomsk Polytechnical University, Russia, and a master's degree in computer science from Saarland University, Germany. Geert is also a customer support engineer at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center. He currently works in the Network Management team, supporting customers on the Cisco LAN Management Solution (LMS), Cisco Unified Operations Manager, Cisco Network Analysis Module, Simple Network Management Protocol, and Cisco IOS IP Service Level Agreements technology. He has 10 years experience in troubleshooting Cisco LMS and has delivered multiple sessions on deploying and troubleshooting Cisco LMS at Cisco Live.

Remember to use the rating system to let   know if you have received an adequate response.

Geert and Svetlana might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Network Management discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through April 8, 2011. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

95 Replies 95

Hi Geert,

I have cofnfigured one net-config job as per the work around which you mentioned in your previous post.
But the job getting failed wit the below error.

FailureCommand(s) failed on the device TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 67.259.xxx.xxx - Cause: connect timed out. Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: more system:running-config. Could not synchronize RME archive with Device Config

Could you please what could be the worng.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Naidu.

gcober
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Naidu,

Try adding a "term length 0" before running the "more system:running-config" command. Netconfig is probably getting stuck on the --more--

term length 0

more system:running-config

Also make sure you run the netconfig job in enable mode, not config mode.

Geert

Hi Greet,

Still it is not working... I did the following steps...

1. Selected one device from the device selector and select Adhoc from the Task selector Click on Next.

2. Added Instant with below commands.

term length 0
more system:running-config

And selected Enable mode.

3. I have not selected anything from "Job Options"

Please suggest me...

Regards,

Naidu.

Hi Naidu,

Check the job results at Configuration> Job Browsers> NetConfig > Click on the job link > Failed Devices > Click on the failure link. The results should show you why the job is failing.

Also try the 'term length 0' and 'more system:running-config' commands on the ASA cli to check if the commands are working.

Geert

fercho2203
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having some problems to connect an ASA5510 with the ASDM.

I configured another ASA before with the same laptop, but now it is not connecting.

After you put the default address 192.168.1.1 on the asdm screen, you can see it is uploading some info but then it closes and doesn't connect.

Regards,

Fernando.

Hi Fernando,

your question is not related to the LMS and we could not answer it. Please post it on the NetPro forum under Security.

Svetlana

PETER GEEBAUER
Level 1
Level 1

HI

We have Problems with ANI Server at Relaese LMS 4.0.1

The Ansi Server causes problems , so the user tracking and other functions don't work.When we restart the Server UTU APP works fine , so when we log into the server with weblogin the UTU APP don't work a few minutes later ,and in the LMS center we have probelms when we want open for example

discrepancies we get the message check Ani Server is running ,

Best Regards Peter

HI

I am using LMS 3.1.  After installing the HUM the UPMDbEngine process is not gettting started and getting the ERROR "Cannot connect to the database.Either the UPMDbEngine process is down or the connection pool is exhausted. "  

Tried manually starting the process but it was getting stoped automatically .

Kindly let me know why is this happening .

Regards

Angus

Hi Angus,

It looks like the HUM database did not get correctly installed. Try a checkpoint and password reset of the HUM database:

# net stop crmdmgtd

# cd CSCOpx\bin

# perl dbpasswd.pl dsn=upm

# cd CSCOpx\databases\upm

# dbsrv10 -f upm.db (a popup will appear and disappear. check it for errors).

# net start crmdmgtd

If this does not resolve the problem, try restoring the original database:

# net stop crmdmgtd

# cd CSCOpx\bin

# perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM

# net start crmdmgtd

Geert

Hi Peter,

It sounds like either the ANI database or one for the configuration files is broken. Check the following logs for errors:

CSCOpx\log\ani.log

CSCOpx\log\ANIServer.log

Has this worked before? If so, I would recommend a restore of a backup that was made before the problem first happened. If you don't have a backup, you can reset the ANI database with the following commands:

# net stop crmdmgtd

# cd CSCOpx\campus\bin

# perl reinitdb.pl -restore

# net start crmdmgtd

Please note that the reinitdb.pl will also reset the maps, so you will lose any changes you have made to the topology maps.

Also check the following properties files:

CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\ANIServer.properties

CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\ut.properties

You can use the .orig versions of these files as a guide for what they should look like.

Geert

Akhtar Samo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our customer is running LMS 2.6 with more than 1500 devices added. They are planning to upgrade it to LMS 4.x. What would be the smooth migration path ?

They have an unlimited license on 2.6, so what licensing issue will they face ??

Regards,

Akhtar

Hi Akhtar,

There is no direct upgrade path from LMS 2.6 to LMS 4.0, so I would recommend to export the device list from the LMS 2.6 server, then install a fresh LMS 4.0, and import the devices again on the LMS 4.0:

- LMS 2.6 > Common Services > Devices and Credentials > Device Management > Export

- Install 4.0

- LMS 4.0 > Inventory > Device Administration > Add / Import / Manage Devices > Bulk Import

Unfortunately, this means you will lose all the RME config archive history, syslog history, fault history, etc. If this is not an option, you can also use the wrapper.pl script to allow LMS 4.0 to restore your LMS 2.6 backup. Here are the steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/install/guide/dmg.html#wp1195819

Make sure you have a valid backup by checking the CSCOpx\log\dbbackup.log on the LMS 2.6 server before you attempt the wrapper.pl script.

With more than 1500 managed devices, you need the CWLMS-4.0-5KUPK9 or CWLMS-4.0-10KUPK9 license.

Geert

lo.mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Geert, hi Svetlana,

@Geert: nice to see that you are still in the NMS-Team providing your valued support to us partners.

Just in an other NetPro discussion a colleague of yours released that LMS Version 3.21 is now downloadable.

Is it possible for you to give a rough overview about the enhancement/updates/bugfixes in the new version and

how this version correlates to LMS 4.0?

Thanks

Lothar

Hi Lothar,

Good to hear again from you. It's been a while. I hope you are well.

The LMS 3.2 SP1 update only contains bug fixes. Here is a list:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/SP1/Readme/Readme__LMS_3.2_SP1.html#wp211618

The LMS 3.2 SP1 update does not contain any of the new features or enhancements that were added to LMS 4.0 and LMS 4.0.1.

Geert

Hi Geert cober and Svetlana,

I have two question to be clarify for the Cisco Unified Operation Manager 2.3

Q1) We added all the Cisco Voice Gateways and CMM modules on CUOM by using Device mangement tool.  All this devices are under monitored .

problem is that Certain routers are not providing the “Detailed Device Information” while the same model, other routers are provided Detailed Device information.

2Q) We disconnect the E1 link from CMM Module , CUOM didn't received any alerts while cisco CMM device generated the logs e1 link down but CUOM not .

On CMM module 1 : WS-SVC-CMM(10.X.X.X.105)

Device Capability : VoiceGateway, IPSLA, MGCP, H323, Router

Cisco IOS Software, Cat6K-lc Software (wscmm-I6S-M), Version 12.3(14)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Polling parameter are available as below :

Voice Utilization Settings:  how to enable this setting .

H323 Gateway UtilizationDisabled

It displaying all the interface status well

Environment
   Power Supply:
   Device Temperature Sensor:
System
   Processor:
   Device Memory
Interfaces
   Voice Interface : E1 serial interface1/2:15  never goes down its shows : Admin Status UP and Operation Status UP
   Interface
   Card
Connectivity
   Cluster Connectivity

Another CMM Module 2 : WS-SVC-CMM  (10.X.X.X104) ( This CMM Module doesn't displaying any interfaces status)

Device Capability:Router,IPSLA

Cisco IOS Software, Cat6K-lc Software (wscmm-I6S-M), Version 12.3(14)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Even i can't see the status of the polling parameter

from ciscoworks >>>> Device Diagnostic tools >>> device center

Enter the IP Add of device : 10.X.X.X

Summary:
Device IP Address    10.X.X.104  & 10.X.X.105
Device Type :   Cisco Catalyst 6000 Acess Gateway line card 
Managing Application(s)    IP Communications Operations Manager@CUOM

So please advice ASAP your  fast response will be hightly appricatedd

Regards

Syed