Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 9010 Power Supply

aridy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have a Cisco ASR 9010 Router with 2 power supply. Now I want to add 2 other power supply in order to add some line cards. But it shows me the following output:

0/PM0/*
host PM 0 Error (status bits read failed)

0/PM1/*
host PM 0 Error (status bits read failed)

0/PM3/*
host PM 2100 Ok

0/PM4/*
host PM 2100 Ok

Does this have to do with their version? 

Thanks,

Aridy

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref : https://community.cisco.com/t5/xr-os-and-platforms/asr9k-alarm/td-p/2860881

Don't know whether this particular answer  in  the thread applies to your case but I thought it was useful to mention it :

hi tj,

The status bits read failed errors reported for tray 1 are due to I2C access errors, I2C access requires at least on power modules per tray to have power connected, this is a known limitation.

if the modules are unpowered we can explain this, if they are connected and receiving AC input, it could mean that the tray's i2c bus is broken, never seen that before to be honest... dont expect teh power modules themselves busted, all 3 of them seems irregular.

you could swap a module between trays to see if the problem moves or not to confine it to module or tray.

cheers

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !