Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

backup router config

Hi everybody!!!

I have a script to backup my ASA configuration. I want to use the same script to backup my routers, but Im looking for special questions, look..

I want to create a user, like "backup" and this user can run the command "more system:running-config"

The idea is the user "backup" log on the router, without enable and run that command above...

That command needs to run automatically, and after, the user needs to log off..

I tried something like parse viewer and autocommand but without success...

If anyone can help me..

Im trying in a Cisco 2801 Router.

Thanks

Diego

6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could use Kron to do that. It runs locally on the box. Would that be OK? What tools do you to manage your network? Kiwi, Solarwinds, SecureCRT. Many of them have scripting abilities.

Hi Collin,

Kron is really a good way.

Currently I put my confs separeted by device, in different folders.. I have a shell script in perl to to it, I dont use tftp.

Maybe I can put run kron everyday at 00:01, for example, and after backup I call a shell script to organize files and folders... In this case, I need to configure a tftp server in my linux server.

d-schuemann
Level 1
Level 1

Look at rancid. Works great and does version control.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi all...

Rancid sounds good..

I tried kron now. I could send my config to my tftp server, but when I run sh kron sch I receive this message:

Kron Occurrence Schedule

back-0303log01 inactive, will run again in ERROR - Timer Not Running

Look my conf for kron

kron occurrence back-0303log01 at 14:56 recurring

policy-list back-0303log01

kron policy-list back-0303log01

cli sh running-config | redirect tftp://172.19.4.121/0301router

My clock conf:

clock timezone BR -3

clock summer-time BRV recurring 3 Sun Oct 0:00 3 Sun Feb 0:00

ntp clock-period 17178040

My clock:

15:19:27.036 BRV Tue Dec 11 2012

What is wrong?

Guys... it's working!!!

I guess when I was testing, I forgot to put recurring

I will test it for some days, but if anyone know how to make a user and give a privilege to execute that command above, I appreciate

Thanks Collin and Schuemann

Please also check out rConfig for configuration backups for IOS based devices.

Regards

Stephen

==========================
http://www.rConfig.com 

A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs!

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: