Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup Scheduling Issue on N5K-C5672UP-16G: Configuration Error 0x412c

kekkophone
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning Cisco Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek your support in resolving a recurring issue related to backup scheduling on my N5K-C5672UP-16G device, with version 7.3(0)N1(1).

I am currently attempting to implement an Environment Event Manager (EEM) that, in response to a specific event (either a daily process or a timer schedule), performs a backup to an external server. Unfortunately, I am facing difficulties as the device returns the following error:

Configuration failed with: 0x412c000d validation timed out

After consulting the Cisco community, I have identified three possible solutions, but none have been successful:

1. Soft Reload: I have performed a physical reload of the device, but the issue persists.

2. IOS Update: I have considered updating the operating system, but I have read that even subsequent versions (both Major and Minor) might encounter the same bug. Additionally, I can confirm that other N5K devices under my management, with version 7.1(0)N1(1a), are functioning correctly. I am hesitant to perform a version downgrade.

3. Opening a TAC Case: I am considering opening a case with Cisco technical support. However, before doing so, I wanted to inquire if the community has any other advice or suggestions that could help me resolve the issue.

I would greatly appreciate any contributions or insights from your end.

Thank you in advance for your valuable support.

Best regards,

kekkophone

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur12292
                                No fixed versions are mentioned = contact TAC , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur12292
                                No fixed versions are mentioned = contact TAC , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

post the EEM script you have configured.

Hi Georg, I hope this email finds you well. I am writing in response to your request to share the Embedded Event Manager (EEM) script that I have configured. Below is the current configuration:

cli alias name backupconfig copy running-config tftp://<IP-Address>/NX5600/$(TIMESTAMP)_$(SWITCHNAME).cfg vrf default
event manager applet Backup-config-daily
action 1.0 cli command "backupconfig"
action 2.0 syslog priority notifications msg "Running_Config_Backup_Complete"

I have encountered an issue when trying to introduce any type of event into the script. Specifically, when attempting to add the following event:

event timer cron cron-entry "0 23 * * 1-5"
The script throws an error. I have thoroughly reviewed the syntax and configuration, but I am unable to identify the root cause of the problem. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in troubleshooting and resolving this issue. If there are any additional details or logs you require to better understand the situation, please let me know, and I will promptly provide them. Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,
kekkophone

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card