cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Baseline Template Query LMS 4.2 - IP address

hgiroux
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to create a baseline template that would validate a configuration to ensure that it only has 1 IP address terminating on it?  The IP address may terminate on an SVI or an interface, but must only have the 1 IP address on the device

Any information or suggestion would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Your query is not clear to me ,however you can look at the below link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps2425/white_paper_c11-529569.html

I hope this will help

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Thanks for the link however I was unable to find any information that would help me with my query.

Here's the issue. Multilayer switches can have multiple IP interfaces on them and on certain devices on our network, I want to ensure that there is only 1 IP interface. So, if the device only has 1 IP interface, the configuration is compliant. If the device has multiple IP interfaces, the configuration is non-compliant.

The other factor that would complicate things is that on some devices, the IP interface would be an SVI while on others the IP interface would be on an Ethernet port.

I hope this helps clarify my query.

Thanks,

H

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card