cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BBSM Deployment queries..

vramanaiah
Level 1
Level 1

We are designing a network for a one of our customers, as shown in the attachment..

I am very new BBSM, so i am really unsure, if it would work this way..

We have the following requirements.. Please suggest if it would work..? If yes, give some pointers on how to make it work...

Thank you in advance!

1) All the Wired Tenant users behind the FWSM, must be allowed internet access without being challenged with any authentication information..! However, each tenant must be bandwidth controlled.. (Probably based on their IP subnet info..)

2) The Wireless guest Vlan shown is actually a vlan bridged by the WLC4402 controller.. The users in this network must be challenged for access codes.. I understand for this network, i must implement null switch method in BBSM, how ever i could not understand this fully yet..

3) If item #1, is possible, guess i must use null switch option even for the wired tenants.. but i am unsure on how to configure this, as they are located behind the FWSM..

In a nutshell, i could not understand much on BBSM from the CCO documentation , so any other pointers would be highly appreciated..

6 Replies 6

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Configure the null switch for from the Switches tab of WEBconfig and enter an ip address in the Stack IP address field.This should enable Null Switch.

davidhampson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am looking at implementing a similar topology with wired/wireless users on multiple subnets. Did you manage to successfully implement BBSM?

Hi,

Yes we sucessfully tested the multiple subnet topology with BBSM.

what kind of workaround you need?

regards

sathappan.s

We are implementing a l3 network with 3750's at the edge & 6509's at the core with resilient FWSM's.I would like to be able to set up multiple VLANS on the 3750's to allow access to the internet via BBSM also to be able to use bandwidth management per user feature of BBSM.Any thoughts would be welcome.

You can easily enable multiple vlans. First thing is dont discover the switches.

Then for each vlan you create a router in the dash board menu for which the router ip address will be the ip address of the vlan and the gateway will be the management ip address of the switch.

then in the switch menu, create a single null switch for each router/vlan and then apply the method of port control.

keep a note that you cannot do the individual port control when you are using this type of method, only you can control bandwidth per vlan

regards

sathappan.s

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Regards

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: