Views
Helpful
Replies

Bonded T1 through 2610 router

aldec2230
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Maybe somebody can help me out. My company is upgrading our current T1 line to a bonded 2xT1. Currently we're using a 2610 w/ the T1 CSU/DSU WIC as our gateway router. We're being told that it will work with our new lines, but that because it's legacy hardware that it may have trouble keeping up with the bandwidth. Is this true? If so, would the 2800 series be able to handle the bandwidth without a problem? The service provider is trying to sell us a Tasman router, but I would prefer to stay with Cisco. Thanks in Advance!

Regards

Mark S.

2 Replies 2

cdfowlie
Level 1
Level 1

If the 2610 will simply be running 2xT1 with basic routing it shouldn't have a problem handling the 3M of bandwidth. You may want to ensure you are running CEF just be be safe, but I've seen a legacy 2600 handle well over 5 Mbps without it. Unless you're planning on running any more advanced features you shouldn't have too many headaches.

Hope this helps

-CF

bbanis2k
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco > Tasman

The Cisco should be able to handle it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: