cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Browser login to Cisco Prime LMS

cristianfstoica
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed Cisco Prime LMS evaluation version as an appliance. I've configured the setup and I'm able to login on the console. However, when I try to login on the browser I keep getting "Invalid username or password". I've tried with both sysadmin and with a newly created username with the same result. Password and username is working fine when I login to the console. Is there anything that I haven't done in order to enable this?

8 Replies 8

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

I guess you are using IE 9  ?

Try to login with IE 8 and see how it works..

Supported Browser  for LMS 4.1:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/install/guide/prereq.html#wp1144164

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatelly, I was already using IE 8. I have also tried with Mozilla Firefox but it isn't working with this either.

Hi,

Kindly send me the stdout.log and stderr.log (NMSROOT\mdc\tomcat\logs)

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi,

there are few exceptions I have seen for SSO....

tried to registered and unregistered the Apache :

Unregistered

./pdreg -u Apache

To registered:

NMSROOT\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin>./pdreg -r Apache -e "NMSROOT\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin\Apache.exe" -f "-d NMSROOT\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache -D SSL" -d Tomcat

To verify :

C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin>pdreg -l Apache

Process      = Apache

Path         = C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin\Apache.exe

Flags        = -d C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache -D SSL

Startup      = y

Dependencies = Tomcat

If above does not help , try to disable the SSL and see how it works:

NMSROOT\CSCOpx\mdc\Apache>./perl ConfigSSL.pl -disable

I hope this will help..

Thanks

Afroj

Sorry, but your instructions seems to be for Windows OS. As I've said, I'm running the Virtual Appliance which is based on Red Hat Linux. The paths and application names are different, i.e there's no Apache.exe but there apachectl (not sure if this is the right executable to register), path is something like /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/bin/apachectl

Seems that I was inspired to do a pdreg -l Apache before unregistering therefore I've got hold of the original data:

Process = Apache

Path = /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/bin/web_server

Flags = -D FOREGROUND -k start -d /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache

Startup = Started automatically at boot

Dependencies = TomcatMonitor

I'll give it a try with your suggested approach and will share the results.

It might be that the Cisco appliance is broken. I'll give it a try using the Windows version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: