Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug CSCsa97100 , user tracking incorrect last seen stamps

craig5571
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

there is a bug in User tracking in RME 4.0 (Bug CSCsa97100). there is a workaround but I don't quite understand it. here is what is posted for the workaround.

Symptom

UserTracking may not update the "Last Seen" fields in the End Hosts reports after a scheduled acquisition.

Conditions

Problem only occurs after a scheduled acquisition. A restart of Campus Manager or manual acquisition updates the "Last Seen" field.

Workaround

Run a manual subnets acquisition:

User Tracking -> Acquisition -> Actions -> Select the Subnets/s option -> Select the Configured Subnets option -> Click Acquisition

I don't want to have to run a manual acquistion everyday. If I issue a net stop crmdmgtd, and then a net start crmdmgtd. will this be a good workaround? or maybe a scheduled nightly reboot?

I really need these dates to be accurate or the information is useless.

can someone please help clarify this workaround for me?

3 Replies 3

marcjone
Level 1
Level 1

The 'net stop/start crmdmgtd' command will restart Campus Manager as well as all other daemons associated with CiscoWorks. A reboot would also have this effect, so yes you could do either of these things to workaround this bug

Strangely, this work-around is explained under the 'Conditions' section of the bug description, but it appears to be a workaround none-the-less

HTH

Marcus Jones

do you know if there is a way to stop and start just campus manager?

The main service associated with Campus Manager is the ANI server. You can restart the ANI server through the GUI, through: Server Configuration > Administration > Process Management

You could try just restarting this daemon although there's no guarantee that this will work on it's own - It's worth a try though ...

Other processes which may be worth considering if this doesn't work are 'ANIDbEngine' and 'CampusOGSServer'

The PID for the processes are listed through the GUI. Althernatively, you can identify them through the command line by issuing the 'pdshow' command. This could be useful if you plan to write any scripts ...

ANI server is also listed as a Windows service, although I usually avoid using Windows Services to manage CiscoWorks processes

HTH

Marcus Jones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: