Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Config Deployment

Mario Elia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I work for a retail company, with about 700 sites. We are currently in the middle of upgrading the equipment at the store level, and this requires a new configuration to be sent to the router on site.

My colleague has created the 700 configuration files (a task on its own) and now I need to send them to the Router, and have the router reload (either right away, or at a specified time if possible).

I am currently using LMS 3.2, and I (think) read somewhere that RME can deploy those pre-built configs to the specified device - be it by naming convention, or by use of an additional file (csv?)

Please let me know if there is an option as such, of if I have to send them one at a time

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't deploy config snippets to the startup config, but you can deploy an entire config.  You can use the "write2start" command instead of import to do this.  The current contents of the startup config will be overwritten by the new config file.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mario Elia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Can anyone offer me some help on this?

Thanks

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do this with the cwcli command:

cwcli config import -u admin -p admin -input INPUT

Where INPUT is the name of a file that has contents like:

-device DEVICE1 -f CONFIG1

-device DEVICE2 -f CONFIG2

Where DEVICEX are the names of your devices and CONFIGX are the names of the associated config files.  There are other options to cwcli config import (e.g. -continue if you want to keep going on failure).  Check out the online documentation for more options.

Hi Joe, and thanks for the response.

After numerous attempts, I believe I was able to get the command working, however, I realized its copying the file to the running config, not the startup. Is there any way I can bulk copy individual config files to the startup of individual routers?

Thanks again for your help.

You can't deploy config snippets to the startup config, but you can deploy an entire config.  You can use the "write2start" command instead of import to do this.  The current contents of the startup config will be overwritten by the new config file.

Thanks so much Mr Clarke! Works wonderfully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: