cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C22-M3 install Prime Infrastructure

CSCO11560536
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded from the official website of the PI-APL-2.1.0.0.87-1-K9.iso image,When I use the KVM or external drive when C22 server installation for PI,an error here,appears as follows:"Error Parsing Kickstart Config,The following error was found while parsing your kickstart configuration: The following problem occurred on line 16 of the kickstart file:option --size:invalid integer value:’’ ", I put the ks.cfg file unzipped View from the mirror inside, found on line 16 is empty,C22-M3 server contains onboard RAID card

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PI-APL images are for use with the Cisco NCS appliance in the event that you need to re-image one. They are not intended for use with your own bare metal server - even a similarly configured UCS one such as you are using.

If you don't have the Cisco NCS appliance hardware then you need to install the Prime OVA file on a server with VMware ESXi and available resources per the Quick Start Guide.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PI-APL images are for use with the Cisco NCS appliance in the event that you need to re-image one. They are not intended for use with your own bare metal server - even a similarly configured UCS one such as you are using.

If you don't have the Cisco NCS appliance hardware then you need to install the Prime OVA file on a server with VMware ESXi and available resources per the Quick Start Guide.

Marvin Rhoads,Thank you very much !But my C22 server only onboard RAID card, ESXI can be installed successfully, but can not boot up, and I'll just buy a hardware RAID card or FlexUSB 

If you can install and run ESXi, the use the OVA files to deploy and install Prime Infrastructure running as an application server in a guest OS. (The guest OS is the RedHat Linux on which the ADE-OS is built and it is included in the OVA images.)

Thanks, I've been through a USB install ESXI, and successful deployment of PI by OVA!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: