Views
Helpful
Replies

C9500-40X - TELNET/SSH ACCESS CONECTION REFUSED

Leo.Herrera007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

I have 2 C9500-40X switches with virtual StackWise configured with version 16.8.1a and I have had some problems:

- When I try to configure a vlan I lose connection of the session.
- When I access by Telnet / SSH I sometimes get the message of "connection refused" (I don't have any ACL that denies the traffic)
- When I manage to access the console and when I try to give a show run, it appears that the equipment is in standby mode and it does not allow me to go to global configuration mode.

I have been looking and the problems do not have any antecedents, I already checked the bugs of the version and there are quite a few but none that resembles the errors that I have.

I have the knowledge that the version is not recommended by Cisco and the only solution I have so far is to update the equipment to the most stable version that is published in Cisco.

I hope someone has an idea that could happen and guide me a bit.

Greetings

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the Devices are in StackWise virtual-only 1 device will be Primary, another will be on standby. So only Primary one able to make changes and give you access to config mode.

Try to console other devices part of StackWise virtual post below output :

show run

show switch
show redundancy
show StackWise-virtual

here is the guide to building SWV - guide lines make sure you have SVL Links and DAD links working as expected.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

It was already clear to me that the configuration has to be done from the active switch since in standby it will not let me do any type of configuration and here the following problem enters that I also only have on the primary switch, can I enter the show run command?

Knowing the above, what could be the reason that the "connection refused" appears when I access by telnet / ssh?

we are not sure what is configured there and what situation the devices are? so that is the reason we have asked to console to primary device and post below output to understand the environment and suggest :  (is this make sense ?)

show run

show switch
show redundancy
show StackWise-virtual

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

_|brt.drml|_
Level 1
Level 1

What is your line vty configuration? Probably when you enter the switch via SSH it can't accept the session correctly. Verify your configuration with a "show run all | s line". If you have another switch with a working ssh, verify if you can make up a difference. 

I had that once, but can't remember what I've done...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: