Views
Helpful
Replies

C9500-48Y4C Unsupported Cisco Device on Prime Infrastructure 3.6

ssambourg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently installed Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.5 so as to manage catalyst 2k, 9200 and 9500 then upgrade to Prime Infrastructure 3.6 to support 9500 switches.

It appears that Catalyst 2k and Catalyst 9200 are managed correctly and 9500 is shown as "Unsupported Cisco Device".

The part number of the Catalyst 9500 is : C9500-48Y4C 

The 9500 ICMP and SNMP reachability are OK.

From the Cisco Prime Infrastructure Device Supported document find here, it seems that this hardware is supported.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-6/supported/devices/PI36-Supported-Device-List.xlsx

Does anyone hit this behaviour ? I don't find any bug document about it.

18 Replies 18

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
Have you got the latest device packs installed as these switches are very new , it may need the latest pack to see them ....

Hello

NO Device pack available for now on prime infra 3.6.

From the matrix compability prime infra 3.6 support Catalyst 9500.

I will open a TAC case and let you know. 

Yes please let me know if you find out i have 9410s / 9300s all coming online soon will need to be added to PI ill guess we will probably have same issue

Yes I'll let you know.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Raise a TAC Case.

Hello,

after opening a TAC case it appears that the SYS OID of Catalyst 9500-48Y4C for Virtual StackWise is unsupported by Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.6.

It seems that the SYS OID of C9500-48Y4C is different when virtual StackWise 2 x Catalyst 9500...

@ssambourg wrote:
after opening a TAC case it appears that the SYS OID of Catalyst 9500-48Y4C for Virtual StackWise is unsupported by Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.6.

Go back to TAC and ask them to knock up a device pack code to support the OID.  

Hi,

I already asked them. The TAC answer :

Thanks for providing the requested information. I was able to confirm that support for this particular model SYSOID will only be available in DNAC. Regarding Prime Infrastructure integration, the below enhancement has been submitted to the Prime Infrastructure developers. However, there curently is no plan to have this model SYSOID supported in the application. Please let me know if you have any additional/questions concerns with this SR. Thank you…

This SR was closed by the TAC...

I'd escalate this with your Cisco AM/SE.

Hello,

This had already been done to SE who escalated to BU.

Hello ssambourg,

we have the problem also with C9500-48Y4C (unsupported device). Do you got in meantime some information how we can fix this Issue?

Thanks a lot.

Martin

- This has already  been replied to in the thread :

Thanks for providing the requested information. I was able to confirm that support for this particular model SYSOID will only be available in DNAC. Regarding Prime Infrastructure integration, the below enhancement has been submitted to the Prime Infrastructure developers. However, there curently is no plan to have this model SYSOID supported in the application. Please let me know if you have any additional/questions concerns with this SR. Thank you…

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

You are right ! Just one important word in :  there curently is no plan

May be this plan will exist !

You need to ESCALATE this issue with your AM/SE so they can raise a Product Enhancement Request (PER).
The BU responding with "not supported" because they want people to migrate to DNAC is, for a lack of a better word, "lazy".
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: