cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager 4.0.9 Time Discrepancies LMS 2.6

DOUG REISS
Level 1
Level 1

Campus Manager Home shows Device Discovery and Data Collection times to be SIX hours ahead of the (correct) Last Updated Time:

Auto Refresh Version : 4.0.9 Last Updated: 04 Jan 2008, 13:06:46 CST

System Status

Operation Last Completion Time Result Status Action

Device Discovery 04 Jan 2008, 19:01:15 CST 46 Devices Idle Start Device Discovery

Data Collection 04 Jan 2008, 19:04:32 CST 46 Devices Idle Start Data Collection

User Tracking Acquisition 04 Jan 2008, 12:39:14 CST 2191 End Hosts

0 IP Phones Idle Start UT Acquisition

No Forum postings or Tech Support items relating to this have been located. (Cannot add as attachment).

29 Replies 29

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen one other report of this, but have not had a chance to fully analyze why it is happening. I suspect a problem with some Registry entries related to timezone information. The other user was also having problems with the CST timezone.

Please provide the registry keys under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\Central Standard Time.

Found and transcribed all keys in text file, which I will attempt to attach. Successfully attached and will also attach Word document with screen-shot previously unable to attach for some reason. Thanks for the speedy reply, Joe!---Doug

This symptom is actually occurring on about 20 CiscoWorks servers (Windows) deployed in our network. Just wanted to let you know that my instance of this problem is the "tip of the iceberg", and that I'm acting as a representative for our group-- D. Reiss

Next things to get are the keys under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation, as well as the same key under all available control sets (e.g. ControlSet001). Then post the NMSROOT\MDC\jre\lib\tzmappings file.

Thanks again for the speedy reply---I will have to follow through on this on Monday. Have a good weekend!

Could not fulfill this request until today...Attached are 3 .doc files with Registry Screen Captures and 1 tzmappings file (no file extension) as requested 1/4/2008. TZmappings was previously shared with Harold Mendez, but is posted in a reply to my next posting below due to number of attachment limitations.

two attachements failed to post, so attaching one by one within this item, sorry! #2 of 4 posted below...

#3 of 4 requests...

#4 of 4 TZ mappings SR number will be posted separately, cannot open e-mail until one with an attachment is sent, sorry!

None of the ControlSet screenshots shows any values. I need to compare the values from the CurrentControlSet with those in the other ControlSets.

Joe: If you examine the bottom line of the screen frame, you will see that ONE of them satisfies the request made in detail. None of the others were UNDER Current Control Set as there were none found except UP one level in the registry---I supplied what looked close to your request as possible---our inability to communicate directly is perhaps creating issues here. Please re-examine the posting that does not show Control00x, where x = 1 or 3. I connot control what the results are, so if no values were shown, you need to tell me what kind of values are needed or expected for this to be of use for us, if possible in advance. I appreciate that it is difficult for you to specify an exact Registry item you need to examine without access to the device, so I've consulted with Ken Viola and he is requesting further information on this or that you contact him directly, if at all possible.

By values I mean you need to scroll to the far right in the Window of the registry keys so that I can see the values for those keys. I suspect the key values for CurrentControlSet differ from those of ControlSet001. But with this current set of screenshots, I cannot tell.

Yes, I see what you mean, I'll redo the three postings now.

Posting corrected Registry Word documents WITH data! Still have to post individually..#1 of 3 total items.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco