cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager Administration

john.gudmann
Level 1
Level 1

Help with CMA version 4.0.9. after a upgrade from 4.0.8 to 4.0.9 I can't get the Data Collection report. keep geting this error: #An error occured in generating Discovery Details report. Unable to load properties from server. Please try after sometime.# and "Report could not be" found.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post your ani.log and NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log as well as the output of pdshow.

what is "pdshow" ?

Have you changed the hostname on this server after installation of LMS? Please post the NMSROOT\MDC\etc\regdaemon.xml and the output of the "SET" command. If this information is too sensitive to post, then please open a TAC service request.

Yes for soom time ago I change the server name from srswsa506 to srswsa506.postdk.net.

sorry but I need help with the "set" command..what do you woundt me to do?

By "out of the SET command" I mean open a DOS prompt, run the command "SET" then send the output.

However, if the hostname is supposed to be srswsa506, then that's not what CiscoWorks thinks it is. CiscoWorks thinks the hostname is SRCWSA506. Note the SRC not SRS.

You will need to perform the hostname change procedure documented at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.0.5/user/guide/diagnos.html#wp1078582 .

I also noticed you're using SSO and are integrated with ACS. This is fine, but it does not look like you have everything configured correctly. A user, rkz, logs in, but there does not appear to be an account for that user in ACS, so CiscoWorks assigns them the help desk role. This is probably not what you want. You should adjust your ACS settings accordingly so that this user gets the right permissions.

Hi.. sorry about the hostname. I was late for me yesterday :-) The hostname is SRCWSA504 for the master and SRCWSA506 for the slave, on this one i CMA install. So i think that I can skip the procedure.. I have made a group on the acs with all permission for all regardin Cisco Works. I don't have any problem doing admin things on Cisco Works.

Is only the report that irretate me that has stop working. But maybe I have to reinstall Cisco Works :-(

Okay, these are the errors I see:

Invalid perms for use rkz. This looks like an ACS problem.

Certificate mismatch between hostname and IP address. These typically are not problems, but you might try using the hostname instead of IP when accessing the server to see if that helps.

A strange error I've never seen before is the invalid unicode character (0xf8) in the HostName field in a Campus report. This might be contributing to the problem. However, figuring out which device is causing the problem will be tricky.

The character, ø, makes sense since you're Danish, but will not work as a hostname. You need to go through all of your devices looking for sysNames, DCR entries, or any other instance of that character, and remove it. Then, re-run a new Discovery and Data Collection, and the problem may go away.

As I said, the error being seen in the log is a ServiceDenied error, so the permission things may also come into play.

Hi again.. first of all thanks for all the time you are using on this :-). But have can you see that the character "ø" has been use? The reason i'm asking is that is not possibol to use " øæå" on a Cisco device.

again I hobe you can read my bad english.

It is not possible to use those characters on devices as they can interfere with LMS. LMS assumes either a U.S. English or Japanese localized OS.

According to the stdout.log, the "ø" character is appearing in the report you are trying to run.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco