cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager Apps not accessible

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded to LMS 3.2 on Solaris 9 and when I open the CiscoWorks Portal, the Campus related portlets never load...CM Data Collection Summary, CM Discrepancies Portlet, and CM User Tracking Summary Portlet.   Also, when I select the Campus Home, it times out and never opens.  Please help!

43 Replies 43

No, I cannot provide patches outside of TAC service requests.

I have upgraded and applied the patches...still seeing the same issue....data collection never finishes and UT never starts.

I have kicked off Data Collection again as a TACACS user and attached is a portion of the

ani.log.  There are unrecoverable databases errors, are these errors a problem??

The database errors are noy good.  Did you reinit ANI after the upgrade?  If you still have the TAC SR opened, have your engineer contact me.

I am now seeing that Campus is showing no neighbors for any devices.  Could the DCR be corrupted, can I reinit the CMF databases without loosing all the RME data?  Or would it be best to delete all devices from the DRC through the GUI and rediscover?

No, a reinit of cmf would destroy all data in all LMS applications.  After you installed 5.2.1 and applied the patches, did you reinit ANI?

Yes, I reinit the ani db after applying the patches. Yesterday I found that if I went into Topology Services and went to a user define group and performed a data collection on the small subset that some of them completed and the lines were redrawn, others seemed to failed and cause the app to hang. I watched the ani.log file and nothing stood out as being a problem. Once it hung up, I restarted ANIServer process and tried another group and it was ok...could info in the DCR be a problem?

Marcie Sirbaugh

This e-mail is unclassified based on the definitions provided in E.O.

I can't say what's happening in ANIServer at this point.  I would need to see a full thread dump.  That's why I suggested you have the TAC engineer contact me.  I can help them get the information I need to see why ANI is locking up.

I have sent the TAC engineer information including your name, he hasn't gotten back to me yet today, so I posted add'l info here....I will contact him again.

Marcie Sirbaugh

Also here is the dcrclient.log file with some interesting errors.

Marcie Sirbaugh

IRM/OPS/ENM/NED/EMS

Northrop Grumman

Here is something from the wlseuhic.log:

WARNING: Server certificate chain does not end with trusted root cert!

WARNING: Server certificate chain does not end with trusted root cert!

2010/07/30 00:07:46 WlseUhic MESSAGE WlseDCRWrapper: DCR Server process initialization not yet completed...

2010/07/30 00:07:46 WlseUhic ERROR WlseDCRWrapper: Unable to fetch DeviceIDs from DCR

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.vmpsadmin.wlse.WlseSMFGetWlseDevices.loadWlsesFromDCR(WlseSMFGetWlseDevices.java:73)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.vmpsadmin.wlse.WlseSMFGetWlseDevices.apply(WlseSMFGetWlseDevices.java:29)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.framework.EvalSMFApply.apply(EvalSMFApply.java:93)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.frontend.EvalGroup.executeMajorNode(EvalGroup.java:578)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.frontend.EvalGroup.apply(EvalGroup.java:656)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.frontend.EvalGroup.apply(EvalGroup.java:612)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.vmpsadmin.wlse.WlseTimeBaseImpl.performScheduledFunction(WlseTimeBaseImpl.java:36)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.frontend.AniTimeBaseImpl.execute(AniTimeBaseImpl.java:47)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.frontend.AniTimeLine.executeTimeBase(AniTimeLine.java:317)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.frontend.AniTimeLine.runSchedule(AniTimeLine.java:341)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.server.frontend.AniTimeLine.run(AniTimeLine.java:366)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2010/07/30 00:07:47 WlseUhic MESSAGE WlseDBUpdate: Properties will be read from /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIServer.properties

Rogue MAC properties loaded from file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/MACDetection.properties

Marcie Sirbaugh

Here is the last entry in the log when it seems to hang:

ERROR StpSMFGetSpanTreeDeviceInfo: Unable to fetch spanning tree type info from device xx.xx.xx.xx com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.SnmpValueException: Illegal Access. NoSuchObject being accessed as Integer.

2010/07/30 07:57:29 EvalTask-background-32 ani ERROR StpSMFGetStpInstance: unable to get stp device information

Validating License...

2010/07/30 07:58:50 DBConnecton-Reaper ani MESSAGE DBConnection: Closed Database connection

Seems to lose database connection

Marcie Sirbaugh

IRM/OPS/ENM/NED/EMS

Northrop Grumman

Found log file /opt/CSCOpx/campus/utupgrade.log, here are the entries...

Version info found. version:5.1

Version: 5.1

Loading tables into DB...

Version info found. version:5.1

Trying to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/EmbuUserTracking.data into DB

ERROR, Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/EmbuUserTracking.data is missing

Trying to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/DuplicateMACUTData.data into DB

ERROR, Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/DuplicateMACUTData.data is missing

Trying to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/HistoryHostTracking.data into DB

delete table SQL: delete from HistoryHostTracking

delete from HistoryHostTracking Success

Load table SQL: load table HistoryHostTracking from '/opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/HistoryHostTracking.data'

ERROR, unable to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/HistoryHostTracking.data into DB

Trying to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/HistoryUserTracking.data into DB

ERROR, Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/HistoryUserTracking.data is missing

Trying to load Data file: /opBM-BM-TBM-@t/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/embuPhoneTracking.data into DB

ERROR, Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/embuPhoneTracking.data is missing

Trying to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/wirelessUTTable.data into DB

ERROR, Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/wirelessUTTable.data is missing

Trying to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ManualDevices.data into DB

ERROR, Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ManualDevices.data is missing

Trying to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/devicestopoll.data into DB

ERROR, Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/devicestopoll.data is missing

Trying to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/RogueMAC.data into DB

ERROR, Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/RogueMAC.data is missing

Trying to load Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/NewMAC.data into DB

ERROR, Data file: /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/NewMAC.data is missing

update fields SQL: update EmbuUserTracking set discrepancyEnabled=0, bestPracticesDeviationEnabled=0

update EmBM-BM-TBM-@buUserTracking set discrepancyEnabled=0, bestPracticesDeviationEnabled=0 Success

Data upgrade status isSuccessful?:false

Marcie Sirbaugh

And I am seeing this in the stdout.log file for every portal when I do my initial log in.

INFO: action: UIIController processActionForward does not have a screenID so no authorization was done for /WEB-INF/screens/portal/view/DiscrepancyBestPractices.jsp.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: