Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager Topolgy View Issue

asfar.zaidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

In Campus manager topology view some devices are not connected to the rest of the topology diagram. Why is that and How we can correct it?

Regards/Asfar

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Connections in Campus Manager are generally determined by the reporting devices' Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) neighbor relationships. In other words, you need to have a Layer 2 connection, CDP must be enabled on both ends, and the protocol must not be filtered or otherwise blocked.

If any one of these conditions is not met, you will not see, nor can you create, a connection on the Campus Manager topology diagram.

If you believe you met those conditions and are still not getting connections on your topology diagram, go into the device you believe _should_ be connected and do a "show cdp neighbor" command to see what it sees.

Hi, I have same problem as “asfar.zaidi” with difference that one of my network devices is Core router with on real and five sub interfaces (VLan-s) on it. On other five routers (edge) links are terminated on real interfaces, so CDP is working on them. And result of this point-to-multi-point network configuration is that CWLMS can present network topology as six independent network clouds - no connection in between them. I know that CDP is not going to work on sub interfaces, but we cannot afford purchasing five more interfaces from network provider on Core location. Is there any solution in order for CWLMS to display WAN links ???