cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can ASA 5510 be configured as bridge mode and still send Netflow info to a collector

jackychenql
Level 1
Level 1

Can ASA 5510 be configured as bridge mode and still send Netflow info to a collector?

We have a PIX connect internal network to internet. Because PIX does not support NetFlow, as a temporary solution, we were thinking of putting an ASA 5510 between the PIX and internet gateway, and configure it as a bridge so that there will be no routing issues, and the ASA can still send Netflow info to a collector.

Can some one please advise if this is workable?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't tried it, but as a service policy Netflow should work in both routed and transparent modes. Reference.

Why wouldn't you just replace the Pix with the ASA in routed mode?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't tried it, but as a service policy Netflow should work in both routed and transparent modes. Reference.

Why wouldn't you just replace the Pix with the ASA in routed mode?

Thank you.

The ASA is a loaner. We just wanted to log one month's data for analysis purpose.

And sorry for the duplicated post. There was problems when I posted the thread so I did it a couple of times.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: