cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i install Cisco prime infrastructure 1.3 with 1.1 license.

Can i install Cisco prime infrastructure 1.3 with 1.1 license.To be more precise it will be fresh installation

but the licenses I have is of 1.1.As per my overview from Cisco prime Infrastructure 1.2 NCS and NCS(WAN)

has been bundled into one service.But both were seperate entities in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.1.

7 Replies 7

Hi,

you can upgrade to PI1.3 if you have active Lifecycle License. Otherwise buy the Licenses for 12,24,36 months. Take 36 months, a lot of updates will be available.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Christoph,

This will not be a upgradation but a new installation.We have licenses for 50 devices.Will it be possible?

It doesn't matter if you want to make a new installation or an upgrade. The questions is the license.

The base license is necessary for network management nodes (devices). But to get updates for your system you need the additional to your Base License the Lifecycle License (which can be ordered for 12, 24 or 36 months).

The Lifycycle License is also based on the number of managed devices. In your case 50 devices. So you have that License - congratulations!

Otherwise order the Lifecycle License for 50 devices (L-N-PI12-50-M). This generates CON-PSUU-PI12LF50 for 12 months, list price 414,81$. Then Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2, patch the system and upgrade to 1.3.

Have fun,

Chris

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hello...

Yes, you can install or can upgrade the Cisco prime infrastructure 1.3 as you have already 1.1 license. You no need to buy the base license again. To use the full functionality of prime infrastructure 1.3 you need to install Lifecycle License.

Jelena Mitrovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am interested, did you manage to install Cisco PI 1.3 with 1.1 license and did you have some problems?

I am having the same situation where we are having license for Cisco PI 1.1 and we plan to install Cisco PI 1.3 on our customer site.

Any information will be very helpful.

Kind Regards,

Jelena

Hi Jelena,

Sorry for the late response.

Yes we have done it succesfully.You can install Cisco PI 1.3 with 1.1 license.

Kind Regards,

Dipankar

Hi Dipankar,

Thank you for the response.

I have just one more question.

Did you have to upgrade 1.1 license to 1.3 or you just applied 1.1 license to Cisco PI 1.3?

Best Regards,

Jelena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: