cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can LMS424 forward syslog messages to another syslog collector?

d.land
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like my LMS424 server to forward all syslog messages it receives from my network devices to another syslog collector, and retain the originating IP address in the syslog message.  I've read the LMS docs and several posts on this forum but I am still not clear if subscribing LMS to a collector (Admin>Collection Settings>Syslog>Subscribe) is intended to forward syslog to the collector or receive syslog from the collector.  Can someone please clarify this for me?

If this does not provide the forwarding function is there another way for LMS to do it?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

if subscribing LMS to a collector (Admin>Collection  Settings>Syslog>Subscribe) is

intended to forward syslog to the  collector or receive syslog from the collector.

it is to recive syslogs from collector

Syslog collector is not designed to act as  Syslog Forwarder.

But if you ca use RSAC (Remote Syslog Collector). The RSAC module can be installed on a separate server :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/install/guide/appendc.html#wpmkr1049869

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****