Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Prime Infrastructure 1.3 provide topology self-discovery

SiJian Bao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I wonder if PI 1.3 can draw the topology of the devices which is discovered by prime automatically, or if i can draw it by myself in Prime? If can, where can i do it in prime.THX!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Prime Infrastructure 1.3 still not support this feature.

The roadmap says that maybe in version 2.0 or 2.1 it will be available to do that.

Currently only NCS are fully integrated into Prime Infrastructure, but LMS is still in progress (LMS have the topology views feature).

PI 2.0 are planned to be released at July 2013, and 2.1 at second half of 2013.

I hope this info helps you.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

The graphical Editor present in PI is Map Editor. Refer to the Monitoring Maps section of below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.3/configuration/guide/maps.html

Thanks you for your support, but I find that the Graphical Editor is just for WLAN devices like APs, Controllors, while I also need my switches and routers in my map so I can monitor the whole LAN and WLAN.

Prime Infrastructure 1.3 still not support this feature.

The roadmap says that maybe in version 2.0 or 2.1 it will be available to do that.

Currently only NCS are fully integrated into Prime Infrastructure, but LMS is still in progress (LMS have the topology views feature).

PI 2.0 are planned to be released at July 2013, and 2.1 at second half of 2013.

I hope this info helps you.

Regards.

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks so much for your info, so i can just wait for the new version now.