Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't monitor Up/Down port state with Prime Infrastructure3.1

petpkcui1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I've problem with  Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 . When a port of a switch goes down, the cisco Prime Infrastructre doesn't generates  Critical Alarm for that (this is a problem happen with all port) although Interface alarm policy is set by default (generates for all devies and group).

Please help me fix this issue.

Tks all 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check, wether you have log forwarding and snmp trap forwarding set to cisco prime (also) for the particular set of switches.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check, wether you have log forwarding and snmp trap forwarding set to cisco prime (also) for the particular set of switches.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

M

Can u explain more detail about them? This is the fisrt time i've deployed PI, so i do'nt have much exp :D

Tks bro

- The latter are configuration changes which must be applied on the switches ; such as for instance:

logging host ip-address-of-prime-server

snmp-server host ip-address-of-prime-server

If  you are not familiar with these (IOS)  commands ; study there documentation first

M.

Tks M
But i think my problem isn't snmp. Because i can still monitor devices with though snmp (include reachability, snmp status)

- That is true, but my suggestions still apply ; the notification forwarding makes prime aware of an issue otherwise prime would need continuous polling about interfaces statuses to generate correct notifications which would be a burden both for prime and the switches (in resource terms).. Hence the notification forwarding for the discussed components (snmp traps , and syslogging) from the switches -> Prime is still needed.

M.

Tks Bro:D
It's worked after i procesed that commands :D
Tkanks for help :D
Now, when i unplug trunk link , about 1 minute after that , PI alert link goes down.

Thanks u very much again :D Good man :D

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card