Views
Helpful
Replies

can't open user-defined Tasks

riko.arizona
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have LMs 3.0.1 running on windows system. I couldn't open user-defined Tasks (RME>Config mgmt>NetConfig>NetConfig Jobs). The page is always waiting with no respond (stuck in netconfig overview page).
Please see attached for netconfigclient.log

Thanks..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Troubleshooting this with LMS 3.0.1 may be difficult.  I'd like to see a full thread dump from Tomcat, but let's try something else first.  Restart Daemon Manager, then try to load Netconfig again.  If it still fails post the new netconfigclient.log as well as NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you may have a lot of jobs in the Common Services database.  If you can, go to Common Services > Server > Admin > Job Browser (this may take a long time to load, too, but be patient).  Delete all of the old, completed jobs that you no longer want.

If you can't load the CS job browser, use the "Open Service Request" link in the actions panel of this thread to open a TAC service request.  TAC can walk you through cleaning up the JRM table in the cmf database.

Dear Clarke,

I can load the job browser, but I can't delete the jobs. The error message is :

"Cannot delete the following jobs: Job 1001.107 cannot be deleted - System inventory jobs cannot be stopped or deleted"

Any help?

Thanks..

You should be able to delete other non-system jobs.  Remove all of those that you no longer need then see if the Netconfig job browser will load.

I delete some jobs, now it's showing 725 records (from 3400 records).

But I still failed access to user-defined Tasks (RME>Config mgmt>NetConfig>NetConfig Jobs).

Thanks..

Are you seeing the same symptoms as before (i.e. is it still hanging)?  Or do you now get an error?

Yes, it still hanging. I can't access user-defined tasks

Thanks..

Troubleshooting this with LMS 3.0.1 may be difficult.  I'd like to see a full thread dump from Tomcat, but let's try something else first.  Restart Daemon Manager, then try to load Netconfig again.  If it still fails post the new netconfigclient.log as well as NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.