cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't select devices while creating netconfig job

randomjoe1
Level 1
Level 1

when creating a netconfig job, I can't select the devices...  they're there, but I can't check the boxes.  Checking a group puts the checkmark in the box, but it says 0 devices, even though expanding the group shows the devices.  other parts of RME (and other components of LMS) allow me to check individual devices.  RME knows about the devices.

whats wrong?

LMS 3.2

RME 4.3.1

22 Replies 22

If/when it happens again, I'll just go straight to opening a tac case.  I just usually try the forums first if the issue's not critical.

BTW, during install, someone really needs to add the text "this will take awhile" when checking for locked processes, I was really getting nervous thinking the install froze.

We're supposed to be upgrading to 4 in the near future.  Cant wait for that day to happen.  the WCS-ified facelift looks promising.

Use, this CSC thread to open your SR so this context is preserved.  I want to be kept in the loop as I'm trying to isolate this bug.  I have an idea for a debugging patch that may shed some more light on the problem.

sure thing.

Was a solution found for this issue? I am having a similar problem so I am curious as to what the fix was ( if one was found ).

The process I used earlier in this thread worked, haven't had an issue since.

randomjoe1 wrote:

The process I used earlier in this thread worked, haven't had an issue since.

1. manual logrot/restart daemons (some of the logs were kinda big) - issue remained

2. updated software/devices

3. restarted services

4. some processes didn't start automatically, so I manually restarted them

I've done step #1, how do you do step #2 ( which module - RME, CS, CM )?  Steps #3 and #4 I know how to do.

Thanks!

Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update and select Common Services and RME.  Download and install all available updates.

Joseph - thanks, unforntunately another group manages software patching/upgrades, so I can't do that step, but I'll check if I can get the appropriate internal group to approve installing software updates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco