Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we Monitor third party Windows servers through Cisco Prime

Hi Team,

We are  using  Cisco Prime assurance and  are currently monitoring Cisco UCCE Components through it.

Meanwhile we have   few third party  windows servers , which we would like to monitor it through Cisco Prime , just to maintain a single monitoring tool.

If yes, please share the steps or link.Also highlight the limitations in that.

Regards,

krishna

4 Replies 4

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seems Cisco Prime Assurance Manager is now obsolete and end of life already.

It is replaced by Cisco Prime Infrastructure. CPI supports third party/vendor devices to some minimum extent with limited management details collected via SNMP Templates.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks for your response,

In our setup we are already using Cisco Prime Collaboration with 9.0.2 version running.

Understand this is EOL, but can we just add some additional  windows servers to it.(Non - Cisco).

Is there any possibility.

Regards,

Krishna

Seems you mentioned Prime Assurance, which may have confused me. With Cisco Prime Collaboration you can View alarms created from any syslog, basic MIB 2 device or Linux/Windows server.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hello Experts,
I have Prime Infra 3.0 and want to monitor Windows servers in it. Do we need to upload MIB and OID in Prime infra or these are by default there in Prime infra database.
and also from where i can download the MIB and OID for windows server. and how to identify which MIB and OID for which feature.

Thanks in advance