Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
sdavids5670
Explorer

Cannot keep all of the devices in a "Managed" status in DCNM

I have 24 devices in DCNM under DCNM Server Administration -> Devices and Credentials.  I have 16 7K VDCs (4 physical chassis) and 8 5K VDCs (8 physical chassis).  At one point, all of the devices were in a "Managed" status.  Now I'm having trouble keeping them that way.  The revert to "Unmanaged" for various reasons such as "Internet server error", "Error when executing database query" and my personal favorite "Discrepancy in accounting log messages".  For the last case, which is the only one I've tried to fix thus far, I followed the instructions under "Cisco DCNM for LAN" -> "Troubleshooting DCNM-LAN" -> "Trouble with Device Discovery or Device Status" section of the "Cisco DCNM Fundamentals Guide, Release 5.x" documentation.  The device will come back into a "Managed" status and the revert back to "Unmanaged".  Also, discovery seems to take a very long time.  I started discovery yesterday and when I came into work this morning it was still trying to discover devices.  Is anybody else having this issue?

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad