Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot SCP with ASA 5545X

TW80CJ5
Level 3
Level 3

Good Morning,

We have an ASA 5545X thats running 9.14(1). I am having a difficult time using scp to copy configs to my laptop. I have the scp server enabled on the ASA and keep getting errors.

I am trying to copy running configs from the ASA to my laptop using SolarWinds SCP Server. I can easily transfer switch configurations to the SCP Server with no problem, its just the ASA giving me fits.

Please see the attached screen shots of the ASA CLI and Wireshark. Right now I am directly connected from ASA 1.1.1.1 to my laptop 1.1.1.2.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

(btw there are no screenshots). - When you copy >to the laptop. You only need an scp server on the latter not the ASA, check it's logs (the laptop scp-server's logs). Check if you can find any useful info's.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I am not getting any FWL log entries that would help. I am gonna get a systems guy to come check workstation in the morning.

I am sorry I am just getting back to this...Here are the screen shots. I had a systems guy come restore windows firewall logs for more detail.

-  From the first screenshot it seems that the solarwinds scp/ssh server does not allow too old ciphers , hence there is a mismatch (below you will find some articles which may help to relax settings at the solarwinds side). Another solution is to use a linux based ssh/scp sever destination which will probably be more flexible : 

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/t5/SFTP-SCP-Server-Discussions/SSH-ciphers-on-SCP/m-p/345711

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/How-to-force-SSH-V2-Only-and-disable-insecure-ciphers-in-Solarwinds-SFTP-server-and-NCM?language=en_US

For the last one, try the reverse and relax settings, if applicable.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Please see the attached firewall log. The ASA is 1.1.1.1 and my directly connected laptop is 1.1.1.2.

Thanks for the help and links!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: