cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant find the vlan-membership command

Generentale
Level 1
Level 1

I cant find the vlan-membership command on my 3700 layer 3 switch, i've searched google on whether the command has upgraded to a new syntax to no avail, i'm using GNS3 and the IOS is c3725-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25d.bin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Now I got your problem. Layer 3 switch has routed ports require ip address and can't be added in vlan.

if you want to add ports into vlan then it should be swtiched port not a routed port. to make routed port as switch port use "switchport" command under interface and use  switchport acess vlan to add a port in vlan.

Further  more it can communicate with VLAN1 and VLAN2 through the SVI interfaces of the VLANs (int vlan1 and int vlan2).

I hope the above info will solve your problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mass raja
Level 1
Level 1

There are differnent command avialiable in IOS to achive the same ouput as show vlan-membership

Show vlan id

"sh int switchport | i Name|Access".

Just checked my layer 3 switches, the command vlan id doesn't exist, just to be clear the vlan-membership command is supposed to assign ports to specific vlans, is there another command that can do this?

Now I got your problem. Layer 3 switch has routed ports require ip address and can't be added in vlan.

if you want to add ports into vlan then it should be swtiched port not a routed port. to make routed port as switch port use "switchport" command under interface and use  switchport acess vlan to add a port in vlan.

Further  more it can communicate with VLAN1 and VLAN2 through the SVI interfaces of the VLANs (int vlan1 and int vlan2).

I hope the above info will solve your problem.

The show vlan-switch command is alittle dodgy in showing which vlans are connected to which ports but the switchport acess vlan command you gave to me worked perfectly, thanks!