Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant use web managment

Eli88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I have a Switch that i wish to control via web management. i have the the ip http server command configured and still cant log using the web...

Any other things needed beside the management vlan and basic connectivity to it?

The switch model is 2960x 24PD-L , IOS Version 15.0(2) EX5

6 Replies 6

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi
what IP address did you give it or is it still on the default IP 192... ?
Is your laptop directly connected on the same range , can you ping it ok from the connected pc ?

do you have the correct files in flash,was this a .tar file your image or .bin . .tar would of contained the GUI files for flash as well , while a .bin is a stripped down just to the required image

You can check with dir flash:

Hi,

The content of the flash is in the attached file,

the PC is connecting to the switch via Telnet, i and can use the CLI, the only thing that i cant access is the GUI

Hi,

Can you post your switch config?

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Of course,

Its pretty simple since its not in production yet,

Thanks for posting the config. When I read the original post I was thinking of some things that might prevent use of the web interface, such as an access list restricting IP addresses that can access or some authentication for the GUI. But seeing the config shows that neither of these is the case here. So we must look for some other answer. If you have a telnet session to the switch, and then attempt to access the gui, and then in the telnet session check the log messages are there any log messages about the gui?

HTH

Rick

Hi,

Can you tenet on the switch, and afterwards telnet to itself on port 80 (telnet 10.0.0.7 80) and see if the connection opens? If it does, try using a different browser and run the following commands on the switch to authenticate via user/pass:

ip http authentication local

username ciscotest privilege 15 password ciscotest

Can you confirm if the socket is opened, by issuing "show control-plane host open-ports", based on the switch model, the command may not be available.

If the telnet session does not work, and/or the socket is not opened, i would remove the HTTP commands, reload the switch, out it back again, and if it still doesn't work, upgrade asap.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: