cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDP enabled on access ports (On a trunking port)

Sean Gilkes
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 3.2 and Campus Manager 5.2.1 running on Windows 2008 server.  The best practices reports this deviation on trunked FastEthernet ports.

15 Replies 15

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Data Collection appears to be completing correctly.  What type of switch is reporting this problem?  What version of code is it running?  Post an SNMP Walk from this switch of the vlanTrunkPortTable and ifTable as well as a list of ports seeing this problem.

All the information you requested is in the attached file.  The switch is a 24 port 3560 switch, and the interface that is reporting this error is the first FastEthernet interface.

SRGi

Enable debugging for core, corex, and vlad under Campus Manager > Admin > Debugging Options > Data Collection, then run another full Campus Data Collection.  When it completes, post the ani.log.

The new ani.log file.  The IP address of the device is: 10.210.219.212

Data Collection doesn't appear to be running properly.  Enable frontend and framework debugging, then run Data Collection again.  Make sure you're selecting to run Data Collection on ALL devices.  Start Data Collection from the Campus Manager homepage.

You were right: the data collection had somehow hung, and it took me a while to find out why.  I restarted the daemons and started another collection.  Attached is the ANI.log file.

The log file size was not large enough to capture everything.  Increase the file size by adding a 0 or two to the end in the debugging settings screen, then run a new full Data Collection.

I've increased the log file size so this should contain everything you need...

You forgot to post the new log.

That's strange...  Second attempt...

I'm not certain that the server is accepting the file.  The zip file is

20mb in size, but durinig the transfer it got to 10% on

the status bar before redisplaying the message thread screen...

You're right, 20 MB is too big.  You can either try splitting the file up into segments, or use the Open Service Request link in the Actions panel of this thread to transition to a TAC service request.  You can then use the file upload tool in the case open tool to provide the log.

I thought the maximum file size was 50mb - at least that is what it says next to the browse button - in any case I think I'll create a TAC case.  Thanks for your help thus far, Joseph...

Yeah, it should be 50 MB, but I have not personally pushed the envelope here.  Splitting the files should work, but if you're still having problems, the SR is the way to go as it will make sure information doesn't get lost.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: