Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change password to access Prime Infrastructure Appliance via SSH/Telnet

Hi Cisco Support Community,

We have an issue in where we can´t access via ssh/telnet to Prime Infrastructure Appliance. We can access via GUI but we can´t see an option to enable/disable or configure ssh/telnet access method through the GUI in order to access Prime Inf. vía ssh/telnet.

Could you please let us know if it´s possible to change username and password to access prime infrastructure appliance via ssh/telnet? 

I have found a documentation to reset password via CD, but I´m not sure if I follow this step I´m going to be able to access Prime Infrastructure Appliance via ssh/telnet.

Informacion about Prime Infrastructure Appliance:

Lifecycle 75 Devices
Data Center Prime Data Center Unlicensed
Assurance 75 Devices
Collector 20000 Fps
Build 2.2.0.0.158
Updates List of Updates 

Thanks for your comments.

Neyton

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The cli (ssh/telnet) users and their passwords can only be changed from the cli.

If you have lost the root password, the reset password procedure works fine as a method to regain access.

The DVD can be used on Gen 1 appliances. For newer appliances without a DVD, you can use the appliance CIMC port and map the installation ISO via your CIMC session. Similarly for VMs you can boot to the ISO on a datastore.

Thanks Marvin for your quick answer.

A couple of questions more:

1.- The only method to reboot the Prime Inf. Appliance is via CLI? Is there a way to reboot the appliance to apply some new updates via GUI?

2.- How can I identify if the appliance is G1 or G2? As far as I know, the G2 is based in UCS and G1 is a dedicated Prime Inf. Appliance.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards,

Neyton

Yes, the Gen 2 is UCS C-series based. The Gen 1 is based on an IBM server platform.

"show inventory" from the command line will tell you what your appliance type is.

Excellent Marvin, thanks so much for your assistance. Have a great week!

Neyton