cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing address of Cisco Prime LAN 4.x

ronald.nutter
Level 1
Level 1

Would like to ask for a little help on changing the ip address of a Cisco Prime LAN server I am working with.  Another server was previously using the ip address of what has been assigned to Cisco Prime Lan.  Figured it would be easier to change the IP address of Prime than the reinstallation that would be required with the other server.  I changed the ip address of Prime and cant get into the web interface.  I can SSH to the server. 

Is there something else that I need to change ?  I have looked on the forums and other places and havent found a fix to the problem.

Tried to change the ip address back.  Can SSH to the original address but web interface doesnt come up.

Would hope to avoid reinstallin Prime and loosing my existing configuration.

Ron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ron,

It should work once you restart the server. You don't have to reboot - just restart LMS. This adressed in the Admin Guide FAQ here.

Stop/start on windows:

net stop crmdmgtd (takes 2-3 minutes to stop processes)

net start crmdmgtd (can take up to 20 minutes to completely start, silent status unless you know how to run pdshow or check lock directory)

On soft appliance:

application stop LMS

application start LMS (can check progress with "show application status LMS")

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ron,

It should work once you restart the server. You don't have to reboot - just restart LMS. This adressed in the Admin Guide FAQ here.

Stop/start on windows:

net stop crmdmgtd (takes 2-3 minutes to stop processes)

net start crmdmgtd (can take up to 20 minutes to completely start, silent status unless you know how to run pdshow or check lock directory)

On soft appliance:

application stop LMS

application start LMS (can check progress with "show application status LMS")

Sorry, should have stated appliance.  Did app stop, change ip address, then app start.  That was the trick.

Looked for info.  didnt find it.  Guess I wasnt used the right keywords.

Thanks,

Ron