Views
Helpful
Replies

Check illegal fallback usernames

ltenbrink
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to make sure that only one fallback user is configured in our devices. With RME Compliancy managemen I would like to check if any other fallback usernames are configured then our standard fallback user. I assume that it should be something like:

- username [#!fallbackusername .*]or

- [#!username fallbackusername .*#]

But these doesn't do the trick.

The problem is that it's a negative rule (should not exsist), and the default username we use must be negated (other than fallbackusername). Besides that, the rule contains wildcards because passwords are encrypted, and thus random in devices.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks very much.

Laurence

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chances are the bad username has a different number of characters that the good username.  Try this:

+ [#username fallbackusername .*#]

- [#username (?!fallbackusername)\b.*#]

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try:

- [#username (?!fallbackusername) .*#]

Where fallbackusername is the desired fallback username.

Hi Joe Marcus,

Thanks for your response.

I have a device configured with two username, one like "fallbackusername" and one other user. The compliancy check with the statement you suggested show that the device is compliant, where i expected the device not being compliant because another username exsist.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Laurence

Chances are the bad username has a different number of characters that the good username.  Try this:

- [#username (?!fallbackusername)\b.*#]

Hi Joe Marcus,

This does the trick.

Thanks again, you really helped us out.

Laurence.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco