cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841 VPN to access 2 subnets

Andy Crawford
Level 1
Level 1

Pretty quick and easy question. I am using Cisco 1841 for VPN access to remote sites. Can I configure it to access to different subnets? ie. 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x

I have tried adding adding the second range on fe 0/0 as 192.168.x.x 255.255.255.0 secondary but that didn't seem to work. If it helps, I do also have VWIC cards to add, if they are able to be setup as a secondary connection. 

4 Replies 4

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you please elaborate further about the setup.

Where are these two new subnets are located in your desig?

Currently how 1841 is connected to remote sites?

I'm not sure what further I can elaborate on. WAN comes in to the 1841 on FE 0/1 as an internet connection, LAN goes out from FE 0/0, setup as a VPN, to a cisco 3750, and all subnets are fed from there.  

Hi,

Yes then it is just matter of just config only. Can you share your Router config ?

I do not have a clear understanding of your situation or of what you are trying to achieve. You tell us about an 1841 being used for vpn access to remote sites. And you ask about 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x but I am not clear whether these networks represent remote resources to be accessed by vpn or are local resources connected to the 1841. Can you provide clarification for this?

I am also not clear what you mean when you tell us "LAN goes out from FE 0/0, setup as a VPN, to a cisco 3750". Can you provide some information about the 3750, especially whether ip routing is enabled on it or not, and what vlans are configured on the 3750, and what subnets those vlans are using?

HTH

Rick 

HTH

Rick