Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4506 offline but not off

Westwardal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have a perplexing issue that surfaces randomly; usually on the weekend or at night.  What happens is I cannot ping my 4506 for 30min-2 hours.  For all effective purposes the network appears to be off; I can't ssh or see the can't see the network with show cdp commands.   When the network comes back online, I ssh into and look at show version but it shows the router as having been up for 17 weeks.

I'm looking for suggestions as where to look or tools/utilities I can use to diagnose this issue. 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Activate syslogging to a syslog-server and snmp trap logging for all traps to an snmp trap receiver. Look for errors around the problematic time-frames which may help resolve the issue. But also follow up on messages from the box during normal operation.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So your Router up but you lost connection ? are you trying to Login Local Lan from internet ?

suggest to connect console cable with Laptop and capture all Logs where possible to understand the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: