cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 804 ISDN Interesting Traffic Line Activation

rlr685
Level 1
Level 1

I just deployed a small network in a rural area and set a Cisco 804 router at default configuration, between the LAN and ISDN WAN access After an extended period (overnight) of no activity (ISDN lines disconnect at default 120 seconds), why do I have to power off and then power on the 804 to get a line connection? I don't have this problem with just a few minutes or an hour or so of inactivity.

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I have seen this happening with Crypto map commands. IOS 12.2(15)ZN has fix for this problem. Refer to CSCdt26854.

Thanks. In fact, ISDN being pretty old technology, I found that the phone company and ISP interaction required me to remove the call number after each SPID control number. Except for a couple of repeat incidents, the problems seems resolved. If phone company can't provide DSL after their tests, I will follow your advice to eliminate the now infrequent incidents of the ISDN problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: