cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Active Advisor - Unreachable devices?

frankroche
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to figure out why some devices are labeled "unreachable" when I have no issue connecting to them via SSH or SSL from the same machine I'm running CAA on. From the error logs it appears CAA tries HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet and SSH, but confused as to why they are unreachable.

9 Replies 9

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All devices are not supported with Cisco Active Advisor.

See link below concerning issues and limitations with Cisco Active Advisor.

https://help.ciscoactiveadvisor.com/support/solutions/articles/5000438878-what-are-some-known-issues-and-limitations-of-the-active-advisor-scanner-

This link is Q&A about Cisco Acitve Advisor.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/active-advisor/q-and-a-c67-732514.html

Hope this helps,

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

One of the devices is a 3750 stack, same model that is already been discovered before. Also HTTPS Server is enabled and there is no ACL.

Has this stack been discovered before and now it's unreachable or is this a new stack you are attempting to discover/audit?

Not 100% sure. I started using CAA over a year ago, but hadn't updated it in a looooong time so I blew everything away and I'm starting to rediscover again. I'm almost 99.99% sure it had been discovered before. As of right now this 3750 Stack and a WLC2504 are labeled unreachable, but I am running CAA on the same VM in which I have Cisco Prime LMS installed so I know its not an ACL issue. I do use ACS with custom username and password prompts, but like I said other 3750's have been discovered and the WLC is SSL only using a local username. Do we get TAC assistance with this?

It's a free product, so you can try calling Cisco
or send an email to  caa-help@cisco.com.

I assume you are trying to discover the devices via the specific ip address?

There is a bug out there with CAA that states it will not scan the last octet if its set to 0(example:10.1.1.0)

CSCur17626

I'll try that email. I saw that bug, but none of my devices end in a .0 or .255. Thanks

ok.

Good luck.

Simonspeed84
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here with a Cisco 877 Router which is supported from CAA... anyone can help?

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I seem to remember that you can also get this when the credentials used in active advisor do not correspond to an account with elevated privilege level on the device.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: