cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5545 S2S VPN Traffic Bandwidth?

virtuali1151
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anybody no how I can actually monitor the amount of bandwidth my current traffic is using going across my S2S VPN tunnel?  Also, does anybody know the max bandwidth for the tunnels?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If the ASA supports the standard IF-MIB(s) for the VPN/(virtual interaces)  , it should be possible.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hey Marce,

Ok, any idea how to check that?  And do you know the max bandwidth of the Ipsec VPN tunnels?

Tks.

- By walking the ifindex from the relevant RFC mib. More general it is better to look into free bandwidth monitoring tools. Once configured they will detect those (vpn) interfaces too, if they are supported through SNMP. If the tool can handle them it will also show what the max-bandwidth is. Below is a link to common used bandwidth monitoring applications :

https://www.pcwdld.com/bandwidth-monitors-best-free-network-tools

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

virtuali1151
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

For the S2S VPN tunnel bandwidth throughput does anybody know if that total is bi-directional?  For example the cisco 5545 has a max bandwidth of 400M, does that mean its 200M up and 200M down? or 400M up and 400M Down?

3DES/AES VPN Throughput[6]

400 Mbps

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: