Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower Management Center on Nutanix Acropolis

stevenmcnamara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is anyone running the virtual Cisco Firepower Management Center on the Nutanix Acropolis hypervisor. I can find documentation that FMC is supported on KVM. Acropolis is based on KVM, so there may be a possibility FMC will be supported. Has anyone got this combination running?

Cheers

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would say it is not supported. May well work - but wont be supported.

Hardworker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steven, (Or is there someone else who has experience with this)

Did you get the Cisco Firepower Management Center working on the Nutanix Acropolis platform?

Thanks,

Maarten

We migrated our Firepower appliance to Acropolis over 6 months ago and haven't had any issues.

We in the same boat trying to move everything over to nutanix.  Our issue is getting the firepower MC over to Nutanix acropolis from VMware.  We used the move utility to move everything else over but it will not move the fmc.  Does anybody have any insight on the steps to get it over?

Problem with the move is it needs the Virt-IO drivers in the VM before it can be copied, or root access to install.  I am not sure if it is possible to make that happen on a security type appliance.  If you can get the drivers installed ahead of moving it though...it should work.

I have spun up FMC 6.4.0.3 in AHV and it seems to be working fine.  I am having issues with spinning up the virtual FTD in AHV, if anyone has success with that, let me know.

FWIW, both the FMC and FTD (Secure Firewall) Virtual Version 7.0 are now officially supported on Nutanix AHV.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco