cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 3.2 - CTMJrmServer Proccess Dosnt start

okhtayghotbi1
Level 1
Level 1

We have LMS 3.2 Bundle that installed on Windows server 2003 OS. I was found that CTMJrmServer service doesn’t coming up. After searching on forum and trying some solved issues my problem still exist. Hostname of server was changed before with hostnamechange.pl script and it was integrated with ACS before but now it’s on Local login mode. Here is my Bundle Version:

1.  Campus Manager 5.2.0
2.  CiscoView 6.1.9
3.  CiscoWorks Assistant 1.2.0
4.  CiscoWorks Common Services 3.3.0
5.  Device Fault Manager 3.2.0 08 Aug
6.  Health and Utilization Monitor 1.2.0 08
7.  Integration Utility 1.9.0 08
8.  Internetwork Performance Monitor 4.2.0
9.  LMS Portal 1.2.0 08
10. Resource Manager Essentials 4.3.0

And another attachments that may help with troubleshooting problem

Thank you for your help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can go into the registry to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco\Resource Manager\CurrentVersion\Daemons\CTMJrmServer and modify the Args key to fix the pathname of log4j.jar.  You'll need to be very careful doing this.

View solution in original post

HKLM is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.  You should have a SOFTWARE subkey here.  You can also search for "CTMJrmServer".

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like your installation is damaged.  A class file is missing that should be found in NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/log4j.jar.  I'm not sure what is wrong with this file, but it might be best to reinstall LMS after performing the steps found in this document.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

log4j.jar is exist in NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib

Reinstallation is the last thing that i should do , Current installation was working fine before and I'm now sure what take CTMJrmServer process down

Post the byte size of log4j.jar, the output of "cacls log4j.jar" and the output of "pdreg -l CTMJrmServer".

file log4j.jar site is :

size : 155 KB (158,892 bytes)

size on disk : 156 KB (159,744 bytes)

Putput for command "pdreg -t CTMJrmServer" :

Process      = CTMJrmServer
    Path         = e:\CSCOpx\bin\cwjava.exe
    Flags        = -cw e:\CSCOpx -cw:jre lib/jre -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -cp:p MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes,MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar,MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/lokrj-lmsj.jar com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer krj-lms
    Startup      = Started automatically at boot.
    Dependencies = jrm TomcatMonitor EssentialsDM

Your CRMJrmServer registration is wrong.  I'm not sure how this happened.  Run the following two commands:

pdreg -u CTMJrmServer

pdreg -r CTMJrmServer -e e:\CSCOpx\bin\cwjava.exe -f "-cw e:\CSCOpx -cw:jre lib/jre -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -cp:p MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes;MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar;MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/log4j.jar com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer krj-lms" -d "jrm TomcatMonitor EssentialsDM" -t 120000

These need to be run with Daemon Manager running.  Then restart Daemon Manager.

Output of command "pdreg -u CTMJrmServer" is :

ERROR: cmd failed. Server reason: The daemon manager cannot unregister application CTMJrmServer because other application(s) depend on it.

and output of command "pdreg -r CTMJrmServer -e e:\CSCOpx\bin\cwjava.exe -f "-cw e:\CSCOpx  -cw:jre lib/jre-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -cp:p  MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes;MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar;MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/log4j.jarcom.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer krj-lms" -d  "jrm TomcatMonitor EssentialsDM" -t 120000" is :

usage:
   pdreg -r daemon -e path [-f args] [-n] [-d depends] [-w timeout in millisecs]
[-q]
         Registers daemon.
   pdreg -u daemon [-q]
         Unregisters daemon.
   pdreg -l daemon
         Lists daemon registry information.

i've tried to re register other dependencies on CTMJrmServer but they have other dependencies and so on .

You can go into the registry to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco\Resource Manager\CurrentVersion\Daemons\CTMJrmServer and modify the Args key to fix the pathname of log4j.jar.  You'll need to be very careful doing this.

There is no "Cisco" subkey In my registery address "HKLM\SOFTWARE\" . i've checked my other working LMS server , it is same .

HKLM is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.  You should have a SOFTWARE subkey here.  You can also search for "CTMJrmServer".

The "Cisco" key founded in "Wow6432Node" key . The Pathname was incorrect , After i fix the path for log4j.jar and restart , the procces comming up and running normaly

I'm thankful for your attention Mr J.Clarcke .

I have the similar problem with CTMJrmServer. I tried to strat the service and it goes thru the strat process and it ends with this "Administrator has shut down this server".

What can I do to get it to start?

Thank you for the help.

okhtayghotbi1
Level 1
Level 1

The truth is changing hostname with changehostname.pl script may works wrong and affect on some configs and its doesn't looks smart script for chaning hostname ...

The old hostname was G4 , my New hostname is krj-lms . That script was changes my registery value from log4j.jar to lokrj-lmsj.jar . Looks like the script did change any  ( or some ) text string G4 to new hostname .

You're absolutely right.  The code that did the hostname replacement was too liberal.  I filed CSCtl73350 to track this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: