Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 3.2 SYSLOG not storing after 10 days

Juliet_farinsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Im facing one issue with Cisco LMS 3.2

Issue : The logs is generating only for 10 days and post that im not able to see the logs. I have not done any config changes. The only change i have done is i have completely reinstalled the LMS. i did multiple troubleshoot but not able to resolve this isse. It would be great If any some one is  able to help me in this isse.  Thanks.

Regards,

Juliet

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there any purge policy you have set for your Syslog to purge syslog older than 10 days?

Please check them in Admin settings and if so, change it.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Dear Vinod

Thanks for ur response and the problem has been resolved.

The purge policy was set to 60 days only .The problem in reports viewing setting.

Syslog folder under LMS would store syslog reports of both the device as well as applications for defined folder size , which in your case was 1 MB ( same can be viewed under log generator option).  The  older reports would get deleted from the folder upon reaching the limit.

The only way to view device syslog is under following option :  Reports -> Reports Generator  in LMS  GUI where we will have to choose syslog with desired attribute.

Regards,

Juliet

This is great news!! You can close this thread if the issue is resolved.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: