Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 4.0 & 3845e

bradleyordner
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all, 

We have a very old Ciscoworks box doing some management for us. recently we replaced a ASR 1K with a 3945e. Ever since we did this, Ciscoworks is alerting on the wrong interface of the 3945e. I have performed a new discovery and still we get this alert - 

EVENT ID                = 000OK43

TIME                    = Fri 05-Jun-2015 08:19:02 EST

STATUS                  = Cleared

SEVERITY                = Informational

MANAGED OBJECT          = SROK009

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE     = Routers

EVENT DESCRIPTION       = HighUtilization::Component=IF-SROK009/8 [Lo0] [x.x.x.x] [xxxx];ComponentClass=Interface;ComponentEventCode=1056;TrafficRate=26626.562  BYPS;DuplexMode=FULLDUPLEX;UtilizationThreshold=40;MaxSpeed=10000000;Type=SOFTWARELOOPBACK

NOTIFICATION ORIGINATOR = Fault Management Module

Now, when i search for this device - SROK009 it does not exist, i believe it was the old hostname of the ASR 1K. 

When i check the new 3945e in Ciscoworks it is capturing all data correctly, but still thinks the loopback has high utilization, when in fact there is no traffic. 

How do i flush the data, or remove this data if the Router - SROK009 does not exist anymore? 

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

These alerts are coming from DFM application.

try to delete and rediscover it from here ::Admin > Collection Settings > Fault > Fault Monitoring Device Administration

and check the issue

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi, 

There is no button to delete the entry of old router SROK009. It only allows me to rediscover, which doesn't seem to do anything. 

The problem is, the IP it is referencing now belongs to a newer device in Cisco LMS. I can't seem to delete SROK009. 

I would suggest to delete the device from PI and re-add back to recover from the issue

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi, 

Can't find this device in LMS - SR0K009. Going to reboot the server as a next step.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card