cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 4.0 Layer 2 device discover problem

mostakimulhuq
Level 1
Level 1

Please follow the attach file for network diagram.

All devices are configured successfully. Network is running successfully. Now I am facing problem in Cisco LMS 4.0.

I have successfully installed the software and it is running smoothly. But the problem is given below:

1. I successfully add the following devices:

Core_router1

Core_router2

Core_switch1

Core_switch2

ASA1

But I cannot add the access layer switches. Here this access layer switches are layer 2. So I try to add this switches using CDP but because of firewall cdp does not pass through firewall I think so. Now how can I add these switches into LMS?

Can add Server into LMS?

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For LMS to manage the access switches, you will have to:

• ensure the necessary ports for network management are allowed throught the ASA. Depending on the functions you wish to exercise and the granularity of your security policy, this can be a rather long list. Please refer to the LMS port usage page (specifically the "server to device" entries) for more details.
  • add the devices manually since, as you correctly note, CDP (a layer 2 broadcast-based protocol) will not pass throught the ASA firewalls. Here is a link to the procedure.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco