cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS v4.2 Topolgy and IOS upgrades

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

1- The topolgy services is not working , i did the steps which is mentioned in cisco documents.I have already installed also java , but there is no thing .Other issue i need to know the steps to get the latest IOS to deploy it on the Cisco devices.

Please advise

Thank you for the hlep

4 Replies 4

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Please ,i need any answers for my issues . why topolgy services is not shown anythings ?. I need to upgrade all my cisco devices , how can it be ?.

Thank you

Islam kamal

When you say Topology doesnt work, what is the error you see? Show screenshot. Also, you can share the Java console log. To enable it, go to your PC control panel > java > setting and enable Java console, which captures the data from topology execution.

Is there another PC where it runs?

For deploy IOS you need to use the software management portion of LMS. It can be summarized in following steps:

> Add image to LMS erpository (only once)

> configure jo to deply it on device.

for more details check :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/configuration/swmgt.html#wp1424533

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

The erro is the version is not compatible .Can you tell me the recommended version ?.For IOS upgrade after i select Cisco.com for image (what shall i do?.) i selected the all devices which i have and then i found three colums (in this step what shall i do , to get all IOS fro my existing devices by one click).What i need to do to het the updated IOS fro all devices in the sam e time , not device by device.

Please help me  my friend

I have already solved the problem , i have to only run the attached java program which attached to the topology services run as administrator , it is working successfully.