cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NAM 6.4.1 :can you change "Host conversations" time period in the filter to include one month ? Custom filter does not allow you to select period of 1 month . Is this a bug ?

SteveH1
Level 1
Level 1

My objective is to analyse source and destination traffic of each local host to remote server at each WAN  site to find out volume and type of traffic and whether we can derive from that data how a link was being utilized over the period of a month e.g. what remote applications being used  and the volume of data being sent/received?  In order to  find out source host IP per site and their corresponding tcp/udp connections with destinations over the past month  I carried out the following:

1. Selected : Analyse - Hosts to view site host ip address information for each site over the past month 

2. Selected  analyse/traffic/detailed views/host conversations 

This is where I am restricted -  you can only select host conversations for the past hour.    If you use custom filter it generates an error when you select the past month.  Is this a bug or a feature to save resource or storage on the box, I presume?   We have adequate processor and storage to get more granular detail to host to server conversation level over the period of one month but the option is not available on the GUI or in settings to change period options in the filter.   Is there a box configuration change or upgrade that we can carry out to give us the option in the filter to increases time period in filter to include past month ?  .  Version is 6.4.1 

1 Reply 1

mabukaff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Beuller,

I think this is normal. 

You can find this info in the Cisco Wide Area Application Services Configuration Guide (Software Version 6.2.1):

A maximum interval for up to 1 hour is supported for the following dashboards: RTP Streams, Voice Call Statistics, Calls Tables, RTP Conversations, Host Conversations, Conversations, Response Time Details Views.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v621/configuration/guide/cnfg/nam.html#15970

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: