Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant access error

mautidavis
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I've just installed Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) on my Windows 7 laptop but whenever I try to start it I get an error message as shown below:

Read/write access problems:

Access is denied

=======================================

Note: Read/write access is required for user home directory and installation directory:

C:\Users\...........

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant

=======================================

My Windows is 64-bit.

Any ideas on how to sort out this will be appreciated.

Regards,

Davis M Onsakia

10 Replies 10

rsatapat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you need to provide read/write permission to C:\Program Files (x86)\

and try the same.

Let me know if you still face the same issue.

Thank you

Regards

Rupak

rsatapat, who or what am I giving access to? 

ayluzorbas
Level 1
Level 1

i had the same problem and i wasn't willing to open the whole of the programs directory to what username cisco used when installing or when run, so i opt'ed to install in a root directory, make c:\cisco and install there, that way if there's a permissions error I can add what I wanted, but thats how i got mine to work. Install in a different directory, one that you can add read/write permissions to.

BR Aylu

Thanks guys for all your insights.

Hi I had the same problem, I worked it around by running it as administrator (right-click "run as administrator") (applicable only if you're administrator of your laptop of course, but on the other hand you may need this type of admin rights to change the filesystem permission in program files)

Regards

Thank you this helped me - Run as Administrator

Thanks for sharing your experience. And +5 for confirming a solution that does work.

HTH

Rick

I am having the same problem. But please how do I add read/write permissions to a directory e.g. C:\cisco? Thanks.

CSCO11851432
Level 1
Level 1

hello

just run this program as administrator.this solve your problem

You can change on the properties of programm

Thank you so much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: