cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant cast error (vlan)

efdaadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

As we have a new Catalyst 2960XS PoE in our network I upgraded the CNA 5.2 to version 5.7 (6) keeping my old configuration. Then I added the 2960XS and it is working fine. But now, when I try to configure any port's VLAN of one of our old switches (Catalyst 3508G-XL and both of our Catalyst 3548-XL) I am not able to do it anymore. It just shows the error this message :

Error: Modify Port Mode com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.c3500.vlan.C3500Vlan cannot be cast to com.cisco.features.dsbu.defn.vlan.CommonVlan

8 Replies 8

bllang
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the heads-up. We will have a look.

sriachan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We also found the issue in CNA576.Surely, we will  give the fix in next CNA5.8  which is releasing on July 30th 2012.

Thanks

Regrads,

Srikanth Achanta 

Thanks. Also when I click on "Port Settings" on the  Catalyst 2960XS the CNA hangs up completely.

Regards

Hi,

I tested Catalyst 2960c device and some other devices which i have in lab setup on this issue. It's working fine in these devices. Anyways, I analyze the issue and get back to you on this. Do you find same issue in any of other series devices?

Thank you

Regrads,

Srikanth Achanta

Hi,

Thank you for your research.

I also had it on a Catalyst 2960G-24TC. However, now it is gone and I am not able to reproduce the hang.

I don't know how it happened. Is there a error log I can check ? I can't see anything in the Windows Logs.

Regards

TIS Network
Level 1
Level 1

Still seeing this issue with 3524 switches in version 5.8(2).

Any fix for this yet or are these switches too old to warrant management?

Hi,

Extreamly sorry for this.

We planned to give fix for few issues in CNA5.8 release itself. Unfortunately we missed to give fix for this issue. It seems it working in CNA5.7 and before releases.
This time, we will give immediate fix but that will be available with CNA5.8.5 only which is our upcoming release. Release date of CNA5.8.5 is not yet conformed. Could you please let us know if you need any work around on this till CNA5.8.5 release.

Thank you

Regards,

Chithra Velayutham.

Hello,

We have the same error message with CNA 5.8(6) on Cisco Catalys 3548XL IOS 12.0(5)WC17.

Error: Modify Port Mode com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.c3500.vlan.C3500Vlan cannot be cast to com.cisco.features.dsbu.defn.vlan.CommonVlan

Is there any workaround ?

Thank you

Regards,

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: