Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant MAC search in Catalyst 2960

telecodi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since I updated a Catalyst 2960 switch to IOS version 12.2(55)SE1 I can't do searchs by MAC address, when I do "Monitor->Search" the following error appears:
"The software version of the selected switch does not support some of the CLI commands in read-only mode for this window. You must have read-write access to this switch to display complete information in this window"

If packets are captured you can see that the issued command by the CNA host is "GET /exec/show/mac-address-table/", the answer from the switch is:
"show mac-address-table
                ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

If I do "Configure->Switching->MAC Address" instead I get the mac address-table correctly. In this case the issued command is "GET /exec/show/mac/address-table/dynamic" and no error is displayed, the answer from the switch is the list of mac-address table.

4 Replies 4

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

I have some site admins that use CNA.  I just upgraded their LAN to 3560v2 switches running 12.2(58)SE2 and had them upgrade their CNA software to CNA 5.7(6).  They reported the same error.

I think you clearly indentified the problem.  At one time the IOS command parser accepted both "show mac-address" and "show mac address".  At some point IOS stopped accepting the older "show mac-address" format, and CNA is still issuing this command regardless of the IOS version it is trying to manage.

Hi there,

got the same problem. CNA 5.8 doesn't solve ist...

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll see if we can fix this real quick and re-spin 5.8. If not the next version will be out in a month or so.

Thanks!

bllang
Level 1
Level 1

Confirmed that we're going to re-release to fix this. Thanks for letting us know about it and thanks for using CNA!